"Bowie is not just staying still, and he is not just a pop star, he is really trying to borrow and have dialogue with all these different fields. We are seeing this as a contemporary phenomenon. It feels right to us that an artist would venture out and not stay in their field."
James W. Alsdorf Chief Curator Michael Darling talks about David Bowie Is with Thea Liberty Nichols of ArtSlant. Darling discusses Bowie as an artist in a larger sense, how Bowie has blended media, and crossed over many artistic disciplines and genres, a practice that Michael Darling finds very relevant to contemporary artists’ practices. Read the entire interview here.
Share you enthusiasm for our upcoming exhibition David Bowie Is on Twitter or Instagram, tag #DavidBowieIsInspiration, and you could win a pair of tickets to Beck (and many others) playing Friday at Pitchfork Music Festival! The most creative submission that meets all the criteria will win, and so far there aren’t that many entries…
Share this post with your friends!
1) Contest begins at 11:45 am June 18 and closes 12:01 am June 30, 2014.
2) All valid entries must contain #MCAInspiration or #DavidBowieIsInspiration within the post, and must be posted to Twitter or Instagram; the account must be also be following @mcachicago on Instagram and Twitter so they can be contacted.
3) Winner will be selected by 5 pm CST June 30, 2014, and contacted by direct message on Twitter and/or Instagram depending on where the winning entry originated.
4) Winner must pick up tickets at the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago, in-person, present valid ID and follow any other instruction given.
5) Any unclaimed prize will be re-awarded on July 7.
6) Winner is responsible for any taxes or other requirements in connection with receipt of these passes. The MCA shall have no obligation in this regard.
7) The MCA reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at their discretion.
8) The MCA will select the winner according to their sole discretion.